As an academic art historian and professional art educator and exhibition curator, I have gained professional experience over 20+ years working for art organizations in Canada and the United States. I have worked with dozens of other curators, hundreds of artists, and thousands of art lovers!
My résumé lists my academic accomplishments and work in galleries and museums, but also my wine certifications, leading to my offering wine-related services, too.
1. Served as the Juror for the American Association of University Women's biennial exhibition. (See image at right.)
2. Secured $100,000 grant from Destinations Toronto for a Toronto-based contemporary art organization, along with additional grants for other art non-profits.
3. Completed and submitted over two dozen grants for artists ranging from $1,500 to $50,000.
4. Completed and submitted applications for artists seeking graduate school entrance, artist residencies, and jobs.
5. Copy-edited multiple texts for a publication by an art critic/historian and for exhibitions for a Toronto-based contemporary art organization.
6. Organized Workshops and Mentorships for artists on behalf of a Toronto-based art fair.
7. Presented an Art & Wine program at an art organization outside of Toronto.
8. Conducted Staff Training about developing creative public programs and tours for an art organization outside of Toronto.
9. Wrote a Volunteer Handbook for an art organization outside of Toronto.
10. Served as a Sommelier for the 31st edition of Benvenuto Brunello, presented simultaneously in Toronto, New York and Los Angeles (USA), and London (UK).
Images: All images on this page are all rights reserved by Joshua Heuman. From top to bottom and left to right, the images are: Josh Heuman with Kapwani Kiwanga installation at The Power Plant (Jan 2017); Josh Heuman in conversation with Dr. Dickson Eyoh (March 2018); Geneva-based Senegalese artist Omar Ba with Dr. Marieme Lo, Director of the African Studies Program and Associate Professor in Women and Gender Studies at University of Toronto (January 2019); and, Central Art Garage installation at Art Toronto 2021 (Oct 2021). These images may be used for non-commercial purposes with attribution to Joshua Heuman and a link to this web site. These images may not be copied and used for any other commercial purposes without expressed written consent of Joshua Heuman.